The Cascades hotel’s tiered silhouette rises out of its tropical surroundings like an Aztec temple. Cascading waterways add to the ambiance of a hidden kingdom set in a lush wonderland.
- 5-Star luxury accommodation with
- Breakfast buffet with a full
English breakfast menu
- Lunch buffet with light lunch menu
- 5-Course dinners – at Hotel restaurant
- Boat-based whale watching tours
(June - December)
Sun International’s flagship resort is as popular today as it was when it was first built in 1979. The perfect retreat for a holiday with the whole family, Sun City Resort has it all. Located on the border of the Pilanesberg National Game Park, and just a 2-hour drive from Johannesburg, or a short 40-minute flight, Sun City is the perfect getaway destination.
No matter how many times you visit Sun City, there’s always something new to see, do, and explore:
• Spend the morning at Valley of Waves, explore the Maze of the Lost City, enjoy a game drive in the Pilanesberg and see the Big 5 – you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to activities.
• Choose from the family-friendly 3-star Cabanas hotel, the 4-star Sun City Hotel and Casino, the luxury 5-star Cascades hotel, The Palace of the Lost City - a 5-star experience like no other.
• Children can take their pick from a huge selection of entertainment options. Parents will be pleased to know there is also a supervised crèche.
• Explore the beautiful surrounding gardens, bird aviaries and animal sanctuaries.
• Book a round of golf at one of two 18-hole golf courses – the Gary Player Golf Course or the Lost City Golf Course, both designed by Gary Player.
The Cascades’ Superior Luxury Family Room is a tranquil space with a spectacular view and luxury amenities. The room sleeps 4 people, with a king-size bed and a sleeper couch, and features a separate dining area. The en-suite bathroom has a separate shower and double vanity units.
This well-appointed family room has air-conditioning, a flat screen TV with satellite channels, a writing desk, tea and coffee facilities and 24-hour room service. Forty individually decorated rooms and suites in an awe-inspiring natural setting.
the flamingo Suite
This suite at the Cascades hotel offers guests the ultimate in luxury accommodation. The suite sleeps 4 people in 2 bedrooms with king-size beds, and offers spectacular views of Sun City Resort and the nearby Pilanesberg.
The en-suite bathroom comes with a Jacuzzi bath, a separate shower and luxury amenities. The suite has a private lounge, a dining room large enough for 8 people, a fully equipped study, a private balcony with sun loungers and patio furniture, a dressing room and a butlers’ pantry.
The heron Suite
Stylishly appointed and spacious, the Heron Suite at the Cascades hotel has 3 bedrooms, each with a king-size bed. The en-suite bathrooms come with a separate bath and shower, and there is also a Jacuzzi bath and sauna in the main bedroom.
This tranquil suite has a separate lounge, a dining room that can seat up to 8 people, a butler’s pantry, a fully equipped study, and a dressing room. Take in the views of the Pilanesberg from the private balcony, or relax on the sun loungers. The suite also has air-conditioning, flat screen TVs with satellite channels, and tea and coffee facilities.